Thursday, July 15, 2010

Asking for Comments...

Okay, for all of you mustang fans out there: What would you like to see in a freestyle routine? and/or What was your favorite freestyle "element(s)" you have witnessed in the Mustang Makeover? In our 2007 finals Zane and I opted for no props or guns or anything. Zane did rope a steer but the judges felt he should have stopped it instead of break-away roping. (Algore was barely 14 hands but that was the judges' feedback). In the last makeover in Colorado, the winner did a well executed freestyle pattern with no props and did a bridleless routine to follow. (I tried that with Chopper in practice in 2007, he was not a bridleless guy!) So, as Zane helps me with planning and showmanship for this show what is your opinion? (Don't worry, I am not packing a "bouncy" ball or anything ;)

Today Napoleon and I practiced our events again. Zane had given us a thorough evaluation yesterday and told me what we needed to concentrate on in our gymnastic and reining work for the next few weeks. So, with a clear lesson plan in place, we worked on all of those elements today. (Rest assured, Zane has ridden Napoleon all of 20 minutes in the entire time he has been with me and has only schooled with us a few times.) Zane will be doing a cowhorse clinic this weekend and Napoleon gets to tag along so it will be a great test for us.

1 comment:

  1. I love to see complete lead changes, not partial ones. I always appreciate lateral work, where it is obvious that you have control of both the front end and and back.

    ReplyDelete

 

accutane